£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
If you are an Operations Manager with a strong understanding of acquired brain injury, this is a fantastic opportunity to drive the success of services that are changing lives.
As the Operations Manager, you will oversee the delivery of our cognitive rehabilitation service, which is based at our centre in Dorcan.
Leading a team of Support Workers, you will develop and deliver a high-quality programme of activities for people affected by brain injury. You will ensure that our clients’ needs are understood and they are given the support they need to fully participate in centre activities.
Reporting to the CEO, you will:
- Mentor, develop and support your team
- Ensure that our centre meets the needs of our clients, funders and quality standards
- Work with the Service Development Manager to incorporate new services at the centre
- Manage the staff and volunteer rota
- Make sure that H&S requirements are followed
- Act as the Deputy Safeguarding Lead
To join us as our Operations Manager, you will need:
- At least two years’ operations management experience, gained within a small organisation
- At a minimum, two years’ experience of acquired brain injury and its effects
- Considerable experience of working with vulnerable clients, including safeguarding
- A track record of working to, and meeting, targets
Experience of managing a care service would be beneficial, as would a qualification in a subject such as Occupational Therapy or Psychology. Previous experience of working in a not-for-profit organisation would also be an advantage.
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week, 8:30 – 16:30. For the right candidate, we can offer this role on a job share basis.